I saw a neat article in the July edition of “Photoshop User” on dropping in a tattoo using Photoshop. It looked like fun so here is my attempt at it.
I started with a cropped version of a recent photo that had a lot of exposed back to work with and then found some “Tattoo” samples to use:
For a first effort I think these turned out well.
The process is pretty straight forward:
- Bring in your pattern or “Tattoo” as a new layer with all of the white removed
- Change the blend mode of the layer to “Multiply”
- Re-size and or rotate as needed
- Remove or alter any portions overlay clothing or other image items
- For portions that wrap around or need it use the “Puppet Warp” feature in Photoshop
Next project is maybe some arm or more full body profile type “Tattoos”. I had been wanteing do do something similar to “The girl with the dragon tattoo” in studio but until then this is a great option to play around with.